Thursday, July 13, 2023

Lunch and other insanity

 

So I'm driving up I-35 on Monday, giving some thought to lunch.   I start seeing billboards for Robertson's Ham Sandwich, and since I have never seen a big billboard for such food, I hit the exit.   An earnest young man offered me white, wheat, or Hawaiian bun, and four choices of cheese.   I saw lots of workmen, maybe from all the road construction.   The sandwich was good, but really not worth  whole post, but, whatever!    Their walk-in cooler had nothing but meats, and a large picture window.   Back on the road.


OK, I am jumping around in time.   It's Thursday and the Niro and I have had several discussions related to who is driving.    I finally figured out Cruise Control.   Nice.   But I can't always figure it out.   At one point today, I thought I was setting it for 70, suddenly the Niro took off like a rocket!   Seems I had set it for 100 mph, and this little baby was determined to do it!    It also will not let me creep up on another car.   It drops the speed until we either match the car I'm following, or I change lanes.  That's another thing.   If you violate any rules, like try to change lanes while that lane is already occupied, or try to drift out of your lane, not only do the little tones chime in, but it kills the radio until you fix your dumbness!.    The new cars have lane following:   Niro will keep station between the lines, with or without hands, but if you keep your hands off the wheel for more than a few seconds, message shows up on the speedometer telling me to keep my hands on the wheel!    So, I'm married again!

Oh, and I mounted my bike rack over the hatchback.   works fine, except when I try to back up, the back up system loses it's mind because it swears I am about to hit the bike!    Sigh!   Loud tone!

I'm pushing my luck with filling up.   Twice, I have waited until the guage shows empty.   Someone is wrong, twice I have put over 10 gallons in a 9.9 gallon tank!    But I'm getting over 32 mpg!    I should get better in town, because I will spend a lot of time on the battery power.   Smooth Ride.

I got all ready tonight for a ride in Iowa City, but it occurred to me that the wind was really picking up and the sky was getting very dark.    I wheeled the bike into the lobby just as the ever-loving bottom dropped out of the sky!

I have adopted a philosophy, and yesterday I found a wall hanging that said it:   Not all who wander, are Lost!    

I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am.   Heck, I don't really know when I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment