Thursday, July 6, 2023

Getting Ready for Vacation

 I know it's been a while, but I'm leaving home Sunday for Michigan.  Along the way I'm going to try to satisfy several hobbies and bucket list items:

Presidential Libraries - got my Presidential Passport packed.  Looking to visit 7 in Middle America

Bike Riding.   Several of my hotels were picked based on how close they are to bike trails.  There is an old rail line with a tunnel in Illinois - gonna pedal right through it.

Trains.  Gonna pedal a rail bike in Michigan.

Flat Stanley is going with me.  And not for the first time.

Sisters.   Kristen an Mark bought a vacation home by Lake Superior.   Lauren will meet us there.

Boats.    Kristen is learning all about lake steamers

New Car.   Kia Niro Hybrid.   Already been bumped in the rear and gotten a flat tire.   sigh.

As always, I invite, no, I crave comments.

Wish me Luck.


Dan








1 comment: