Sunday, October 2, 2022

Tour de Bicycle - I get started!


 I headed to 5th Ward after church.   I decided there were a few stations too far from the others for a full day's ride, so I headed to Mickey Leland Park.  Zero bikes.   Cross US 59 and go to Henderson Park.  Large Live Oak provided a shaded parking spot for the car.    Checked out a bike and headed back to Mickey Leland Park.    

Leland Park has a very nice memorial to the late congressman.   It is also the trailhead for Hunting Bayou Trail, so I rode down the trail, crossed a couple of bridges and came back to the station.   This is a very nice, paved trail that may someday go all the way to Buffalo Bayou.

Back at my car, I decided to scoot over to Moody Park.   Crossing the Metro tracks can be interesting, the park had families engaging in numerous Sunday afternoon activities.   Took a bike to Quitman nearnorthside Metro, then on to Leonel Castillo, where the station and I had some misunderstandings that the nice lady at the service desk helped me with.    One slot would not lock, and another slot would not unlock, so once the lady manually got me a bike, I decided to head back to Moody Park.

It was a nice day to ride.    Hopefully, we are done with high heat for a bit.




  


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a decent first day of bike riding! Sorry you had trouble with Leonel Castillo - it sometimes doesn't like playing nice with others.

    ReplyDelete