Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Home Tours

 For those who are new to this blog, I am trying to check out a bike from all 153 B Cycle stations in Houston, during the month of October.   I have biked through parts of town I had never seen until now.  Yoiu might want to look at my earlier posts.

Last week I rode through The Heights, and yesterday I rode through much of Greater East Side.   I try to take side streets in order to avoid being run over, so I am seeing areas I would never see from my car.   This morning's Chronicle has two articles on page D-1 about these neighborhoods.   The 2022 Eastwood Historic Home Tour is October 15-16 just south of Harrisburg, close to Cullen.  The Sanctuary, formally the Church of the Redeemer is now affordable housing.   Several units will be open to the tour.   Two houses are on the tour, as is a former ironworks, now office space.   

For information:  eastwoodcivicassociation.org     

The 2022 Norhill Bungalow Home Tour is in the Heights Saturday and Sunday.    Six homes are on the tour.   

For information:  norhill.org

For those of us who are admiring the local homes from the outside, this is a chance to see the inside.  And yes, it costs $$.  







No comments:

Post a Comment