Thursday, October 20, 2022

Eastwood Home Tour

 I'm getting behind on my postings.   Part of the problem is I still haven't figured the most efficient way to move photos from my iPhone, to the computer, and to Blogger.   Se, for right now, I may leave pictures off, so come back in a few days, and I promise (pinky swear) to post photos.

After church on Sunday, October 16, I headed to Greater East End, as B Cycle calls it, or Eastwood as the civic association knows it.   Old neighborhood, crossed by Polk, Telephone and Lockwood.   This is an area I have been through with the Tour de Bicycle this month, and the paper had an article last week about a home show.    1935 is a common build date.   Some architect converted the old Church of the Redeember into 45 affordable units, and four of them were available to see.   A challenge for the remodel was that this is on the historic register, so the exterior couldn't be changed, which made things interesting in that the original sanctuary lacked windows.   The new design is interesting, and I had a nice conversation with one of the residents who did 85% of his decorating from Goodwill, etc.   I liked it.

One house was stripped to the studs, and is now quite the contemport home, while another has left most of the 1935 character, while totally modernizing bathrooms and the kitchen.    

Those of trying to complete the B Cycle Tour de Insanity will appreciate this:    I hit Greater East Side five different times to complete this neighborhood!   Last Thursday I took my siblings on a bike ride through there, stopping at several stations.   At one point, I must have zigged where I should have zagged, because I was still missingTelephone @ Eddington, which, it turns out, is right across the street from registration for the home tour.   I rode around the parking lot, and put an X next to it on my neighborhood list.   


This is neighborhood I knew nothing about prior to the tour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment