Monday, September 23, 2024

Amtrak to Boston

 This morning, I said goodbye to New Jersey and New York. The best western at Newark airport is nice, and comfortable, but it takes a little bit of doing to get from the hotel to the train station.



I chatted with a group of Polish businessman on the way to the train.   The clouds look a little threatening, but it never did rain.

I took the Amtrak Northeast regional from Penn Station to Boston. The cars are newer and better shape than the sunset limited, but the sunset limited has a whole lot more legroom.

When I got to Boston, I discovered if there’s construction on the MTA redline but several very nice people helped me get onto the right bus and get off at the right stop to get to my hotel. I am staying between the Kennedy library and the Adams museum, and now discovered that my hotel offers a shuttle to the train station at Harvard .   

Chris has already sung the Kingston Trio, song MTA to me over the phone, But after my dinner across the parking lot at a brewery, pub attached to a bowling alley, I think the big Lebowski would be appropriate.    I didn’t feel like going anywhere and the hotel desk clerk said this little pub makes an excellent hamburger, and it was! This months feature is a truffle burger with truffle aïoli.    Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer on tap.   


Tomorrow I will go to the JFK presidential library and I may try to take a tour of downtown Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment